The author does not write in the goal 5 years 6 months 26 days
Epic goal: To become an experienced electronics engineer.
Accumulate experience and knowledge for skillful use, repair and creation of electronics devices.
Goal Accomplishment Criteria
1) Be able to repair the devices (firstly own tools).
2) Be able to construct a device (including with MCU and own code).
3) Be able to get profit with this (bring benefits to society).
Buy electronic components for experiments.
Suitable MCU's (ATMEL in my case):
and other components:
for first steps...
only for this:
Step cost — 26.60 $
Inventory my own electronic components.
I have some collection of electronic components (mostly Point-to-point construction). Also I have a lot of broken devices, eg motherboards (mostly Surface-mount technology). Please see the photos, I have attached.
I think, I need to do inventory all electronic components (which really will be useful in the future) of it.
I mean collect (do unsoldering, if required) and folded in the separate containers (with marks) and do record to catalogue (in DB, for example).
It will be practice for soldering, the study of types of components, also components can be use in future. Besides one can say it's 'housecleaning'.
Current goal: Create device based on simple Atmel MCU.
As MCU one can take the following types:
- AtMega8 http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-MCU-IC-ATMEL-TQFP-32-...
- AtMega48 http://www.ebay.com/itm/1Pcs-Original-SMD-IC-ATMEG...
- AtMega88 http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-IC-ATMEGA88-20AU-ATME...
- AtTiny13 http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-ATTINY13A-SU-SOP8-IC...
- AtTiny2313 http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-MCU-IC-SOP-20-ATTINY2...
I chose: ATMEGA8A-AU TQFP-32 ATMEL:
1. Check the MCU and run a simple program (with LED). Done: https://youtu.be/foZTjOyBOBs
Check the MCU and run a simple program (with LED)
Explore UART to connect MCU to PC through RS-232.
Make a power supply with adjustable voltage
- 17 December 2015, 15:54
Don't miss new posts!
Subscribe for the Goal and follow through to its completion